Christmas City Classic 5-Miler and Candy Cane 5K
December 13, 2014 9:00AM
The Bethlehem Christmas City Classic 5-Miler has been a long standing tradition in the running community. We were voted the most popular themed race in the LVRunning Scene race poll. The Candy Cane 5K has been a huge success and will more than double in registrations in 2014!
Don't forget to wear your red and green or Christmas costumes! It always makes the races so much more interesting and festive. Be sure to check out some of the photos in the slideshow above or visit USCandids.com, our official photographer, to view pictures from years past.
Join about 1250 runners in 2014 in these traditional Bethlehem races!
Sorry But Dogs Are Not Permitted
NEW IN 2014
- YMCA Bethlehem
- 430 E. Broad Street, Bethlehem, PA 18018
- Race starts and ends at the YMCA
- Show your Christmas spirit and wear a great costume!
- Consider parking at the Walnut Street garage at New St and Walnut St. (about .6 miles from the YMCA). The Sands Casino is another option (1 mile from the YMCA). Lots of other parking in nearby lots and side streets around the YMCA. Car pool if possible. Arrive early enough to find parking.
- 9:00 AM. All runners and walkers to the start line by 8:55 AM, races start approximately 5 minutes apart
- Chip Timing! (5M and 5K Racers only, 5K Walkers are not timed)
- Official Race Photographer - USCandids.com
- Goodies- while they last
- Pure Protein Bars
- T-shirts for all pre-registered runners and walkers
- Delicious refreshments after the race
- Fun, festive atmosphere
- Music at Start/Finish and on course
- Showers and locker facilities at the YMCA open to all (bring a lock for the locker)
- 3pm - 7pm, Friday, December 12 at 4509 Kathi Drive, Bethlehem, PA 18017
- 7:00am-8:30am, Saturday, December 13 at the YMCA, 430 East Broad St, Bethlehem, on race morning
Registered Runners Please Read - 2014_RACE_INSTRUCTIONS.pdf
- 5 Miler Race- $50 top male and female, $35 second male and female + gift
- 5K Race - $50 top male and female, $35 second male and female + gift
- Walkers division is not timed or scored (no awards)
Age Groups for both Races (Top 3)
- 14 and under
- $25 July 1 through October 31 - online
- $30 November 1 through November 30 - online
- $35 December 1 through noon December 10- online
- $40 Cash Only, Friday, December 12 (The day before race in person, See Registration details below)
- $25 July 1 through noon December 10 - online
- $30 Cash Only, Friday, December 12 (The day before race in person, See Registration details)
Race and Walk is held in almost any race condition. See weather policy.
There are no refunds for any reason.
You may switch to a different race so long as it is not sold out for a switch fee of $10, but you must switch before December 7, 2014 on Active.com. (You pay the event fee in effect at the time of the switch.)
You may transfer your registration to another participant for the same event for a transfer fee of $10 but you must complete the transfer before December 7, 2014 on Active.com. (New registrant pays race fee in effect at time of their registration.)
No race day registration. See Registration section below for FRIDAY registration opportunity.
Race Director: Rick Weaver, firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Registration closes 12 noon December 10.
Runners and Walkers
- In Person cash only registration on Friday, Dec. 12 between 3pm and 7pm at
4509 Kathi Drive, Bethlehem, PA 18017 (day before the race)
- T-shirts and goodies WILL NOT be available for Friday Registrants.
- No race day registration.
- Pure Protein brand protein bars
- Aardvark Sports Shops
- Emmaus Run Inn
- Bethlehem YMCA
- City of Bethlehem
- Real Deal Snacks
- Thrivent Financial